Thursday 16 February 2012

Question Analysis


Before that… I m sorry… I couldn’t join the class because my laptop was sick… but now it’s okay.
So because I didn’t join your discussion, I only read the module and get this:

There are two theories of test, classic and modern. <<<< But I don’t understand that… HELP ME!!!!


Making a Question analysis is important. Why? Because Mr. S. Hamid and Asmawadi (1991) said question analysis is important to:
  • Knowing the question’s strength and weakness (so you can make selection and revision)
  • Getting the specification of the question (so teacher can short the needed question)
  • To know the question problem
  • To assess the question that will be saved on question bank
  • Teacher able to short parallel question (so teacher can make a test in different place and students)

There are 2 techniques to make a question analysis qualitative and quantitative
Would you help me with this too? Because so far I know qualitative analysis perspective is about material, language and culture, and answer key. What about Quantitative? Is that about scoring?

In the module there are some formulas to analyze the question.

The question that teacher made must be valid and reliable.
How to count the reliability of questions?
  • Re test
  • 2 tests (pararel) then correlate it
  • Spilt-half (divided into 2 (A-B question))
  • By Kuder-Richardson 20 technique. <<<< HOW???

And I also read the next chapter how to make a good question…. I think that is a good note.

My Idea…
Teacher must be able to make a good question, but a good question is a question that useful for student future.  Do you remember what question that your teacher gave you when you were at elementary that useful for you now?

 “Ali buy 3 marbles and he give his 2 marbles to his brother, how many marble that he has?” is that useful for you now?

I don’t think that question is useful for me now… I don’t care Ali’s marble! that’s his problem. But I care about my competencies in counting. Did you get my point? My point is a question should give the student a wide affect to their future.
So… make a test is important to know how far student or teachers are able to learn or teach. But test result is not the end of learning or teaching. Test result is a tool to measure student and teacher ability to go to their next step or stay at that step to mastery the lesson. So good question is very important!

I always say that I hate test… but the most I hate is score of my test.
Hahaha… J

No comments:

Post a Comment